Thursday, July 21, 2011
Reflections on Being Lukewarm
Lukewarm Christians will do the mere minimum to keep their relationship with God. Maybe God to church, maybe give a bit in the offering plate, maybe even volunteer. But prayer, Bible study, a missional life, leading ministries, treating others with kindness, seeking God daily in humble adoration, not even close.
To be hot means we are on fire for God. Fire means passion on the Holy Spirit. We are enthusiastic about our relationship with God. Are you enthusiastic about your faith, the church, ministry, serving, sharing your faith or loving God? If not, you might be lukewarm.
How do we stop being lukewarm? Take a step toward God.
A famous person once said "the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." If you want a deep and amazing faith, a great relationship with God, then it's time to take some steps toward God.
1. Read your Bible. Not to finish it, but so it finishes you.
2. Pray. The prayer does not have to end when you say amen.
3. Strive to attend church weekly. Take notes during the sermon and pray over the Scriptures you hear.
4. Volunteer- Sunday school, VBS, Greeter, usher or any else to help the church.
5. Serve- Restart, Lee's Summit Social Services, Langsford Boys Home
Five easy steps toward God.
The tougher steps include:
1. Share your faith
2. Invite others to church
3. Lead a ministry
5. Love God and Love Your Neighbor- no really, love!
There are many other steps, but these are just a few that help point us in the right direction of growing in Grace and learning passion in the Lord.
Go in peace and go with God.