Monday, January 31, 2011

Blame vs. Me

It's easy to blame others for our problems.  This week we are talking about hopes and dreams.  Just because I hope or pray that something will happen does not mean God will deliver it.  My hopes and dreams must be connected to God's purpose.  Never is that more evident than in discerning the call of God on our hearts.  A mature Christian will not blame others for where they are in life.  Blaming people or groups of people for our problems only makes us bitter and angry.  The first place a Christian must look is to God, then inside.  What is the state of my soul?  If I don't like where I am in life spiritually or vocationally, have I done everything I can to change it?  The answer for most of us is a resounding, no, we have not.  We may think we have, but we have not.  How do I know this?  Because I have been there too.  Yes, I too have worked diligently (or so I thought), but in reality did not.  Think about the baseball player who in their mind is the best player ever but never practices.  Was he cheated?  Probably not.  True gifts shine through.  No matter who or what seems to be against you, those gifts will shine through!  If you feel you have others to blame or maybe you have been wronged, stop.  Take a moment and look to God.  What is God's plan in this situation.  There is not some huge conspiracy against you.  Listen.  Pray.  Discern.
If you want to be a great preacher, then you need to work on it.
If you want to be a writer, then write.
If you want to be a pro baseball player, start practicing.
Nothing comes easy.  Even though in many instances people who are successful look like they just arrived, it was preceded by years and years of hard work.  Friends, stop blaming others and start living.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: