Thursday, December 16, 2010

Your Christmas Wish

What is your Christmas wish this year?  We all have hopes and dreams and at Christmas time many of us give them over to God.  Maybe it's that time of year and we feel more open to speak to God.  Maybe we have no other answer than to give it to God.  
This year many people are praying for a job.  Others are praying for a home.  Still others are praying for direction.  How can we all help those in need?
Do something.  A few years ago we shared a simple, yet profound, sermon series with several churches.  It was called "Do Something".  In it, we asked members of our congregations to go out and do something.  We asked people to help those in need (mission), invite people to church (evangelism) and grow in their faith (worship/discipleship).  
I have lots of dreams and hopes for people in my life.  Too many to share here.  But if I could ask for one thing it would be that all of us go do something for someone else.  
I know many are focused on what we might get for Christmas.  I hear that Apple products like I-pods, I-Phones and I-Pads are at the top of many lists.  
We have a statement we like to share at Grace every now and then and I would ask you maybe read it to help us remember why we are really here.


It's Not About Me,
It's About God.
It's Not About Us,
It's About Them.
It's Not About Here,
It's About There.
It's Not About My Needs,
It's About Their Needs,
It's Not about Now,
It's about Eternity



Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: