Friday, June 11, 2010

Slow Down and Listen


A few weeks ago I slowed down. My phone was off for nearly a week. I was on vacation. I essentially unplugged for the week. No connection or communication. I just was. Sometimes to find perspective we don't need more conversation or more communication, we need less. To slow down and listen means we pause and wait on the Lord. As the usual paths of communication are shut off, new paths open. We see new ways and find a different view. We can see other sides of the same issue. It is refreshing. It sometimes even brings renewal.
After a week I reentered life and my normal paths of communication came back on. It's comforting to reconnect, but that doesn't mean that change has not happened. Our hearts, minds and souls can forever be deeply and profoundly impacted by a change in perspective. Today or sometime soon, turn off and unplug. Wait upon the Lord. You will see the road you are on and the destination are not the only way to go. There are multiple paths. Don't feel locked in to just one. Go in peace and go with God.
Psalm 85-
8 I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints— but let them not return to folly.

No comments: