Saturday, May 1, 2010

Serving God and Others While Playing Golf

Several years ago I read a book about combining your passions and gifts with God's purpose for you life. So, one of my passions used to be playing golf (before my car accident). Still, I enjoy playing golf, but the passion is tough to find when you are constantly in the rough. Friday, eight people from Grace UMC played in the JuiceBox Challenge. This was a benefit for Children's Mercy, The Lymphoma Society and Jude's family. The tournament was organized by friends and family. There were over 80 people their playing golf to support Jude, Addy, Clint and Sara. And countless others helped put the event together. You can follow Jude's progress here. And check out the story page which tells you how all this happened. And check out Jude's website too.
I guess today I want to say thank you to Gary, Gil, Travis, Rocky, Craig, Steve and Brian. Thank you for taking Friday off and playing golf to help a family and others during a time of difficulty and struggle. I deeply enjoyed playing golf with all of you and you are all some of the most amazing Christians I know. God bless you and thanks for making a difference.
And thanks for all those who spend time together helping others. We can all make a difference if we make ourselves available to God's leading.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: