Friday, May 21, 2010

I Need A Rainbow

Dear Lord,
Have we done something wrong? The earthquakes, volcanoes and floods are getting to be a bit much. The rain seems to not be stopping. It keeps coming. In the last two weeks the rain filled half of a 5 gallon bucket. I thought you said you would never flood the world again. So, where is our rainbow? Amen.

Ok, not the most appropriate prayer, but sometimes in the midst of frustration we say things in a direct way. Or as many of you know, I just say things in a direct way just because, that is the way I say things. No excuses.

Here are some lyrics to a well known song focused on finding that rainbow.

Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high, There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue, And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me. Somewhere over the rainbow Bluebirds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly Beyond the rainbow Why, oh why can't I?

So, one of my favorite tv shows is Scrubs (except season 9, I mean really!). In their 100th episode, they focused on someone need a heart, brain and courage. The end of the episode everyone has found what they needed. Rainbows are a sign of God's covenant with humanity to never flood the earth again. For many of us we pause and stare when we see a rainbow. We smile. So my hope is that today we all see God at work in our lives today. Go in peace and go with God.



No comments: