Thursday, April 8, 2010

Held Back

There is a great scripture in the Bible that says "Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia." Acts 16:6
God prevented them for going a certain direction. I know that there are days when I think I am going one way only to figure out that maybe that was not the place that God wanted or needed me to be that day. Another version says "having been prevented". God stopped them from going that way. Now I don't know about you but there are days that I hoped and prayed that God would keep me from going in a direction that I was headed. There are other days though, too often, that I continue to run into a brick wall because of my own stubborn heart, soul and mind. If something isn't going right and you feel like you are hitting the wall, did you ever consider that maybe God is trying to tell you something? Maybe, must maybe, God has a bigger and better plan for you. Trust in the Lord. Hang on to Him. Do not resist. He is here and ready to show us the path. Just because you are being held back now does not mean you won't be released to run free and joyfully throughout the fields and meadows.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: