Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Church Directory

Well our church directories are finally in. As I look through all the pictures I see new and old faces. I see a group of people who stepped out in faith this past year and really pushed hard to realize God's vision for this church. I see a hope-filled church with endless possibilities and opportunities. What will the future hold for Grace UMC here in Lee's Summit? I pray and hope every day that we will be a fruitful people, seeking to live out the Great Commission every day. Right now, we approach several things.
The first is a soon to be all church conference to move forward on the new sanctuary.
Another of course is our summer schedule here at Grace- youth and adults are doing an outwardly focused servant evangelism project in June- working/running concessions at a 10 day soccer tournament--Camp, need I say more?--VBS in late July.
Wow, summer is nearly here. Senior and Youth Sunday is this week.
Today is a day of immense opportunity. What will you do today to advance the kingdom of God?
Finally, I have been praying about a church wide small group to offer this fall 2010. I am still working out details and curriculum, but I hope that many of you will prayerfully consider joining me in trying something new here at Grace.
So, what will you do this day?
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: