Monday, March 1, 2010

Uncheerable

I have a friend who is in a bad mood right now. He is, well, uncheerable (not a real word). Nobody can cheer him up. He is in a funk. Kinda bummed about life right now. Things haven't really gone his way lately and well, he is just in a mood. Nothing anyone says to him will make him happy or even smile. Just a funk.
If you know me well you know I don't get into moods that often. No funk. No being bummed. I have a tendency to believe the good and well, just live that way. Most of the reasons for being upset or angry in this world come down to us trying to either control things or being upset with how someone else has treated us. I can't control other people. I can, however, allow them to change my attitude for the worse, even though I shouldn't.
So here are a few pieces of advice to those who are bummed right now.
1. Someone else in this world is much worse off than you.
2. There are people in this world that care about you and don't want to see you continue being sad.
3. God cares and loves us all....have you taken your concerns to him without regard to self?

God's will should be done, but so many of us are more focused on what God can do for us instead of asking, "God, what is your will for me this day?"
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: