Saturday, March 6, 2010

There is Joy In the Lord

Today seemed like a day that was going to go great. Started off well with sun, no rain. Had a great time hanging out with the confirmation class at their retreat. Awesome! Thanks to all the parents for doing such a great job, and to Lee, Stephanie and Carmen for sharing part of your day with them. Afterwards I went to one of my favorite placed, Chick-Fil-A! Oh yeah, nuggets for lunch! Well, on my way there, people were in a hurry and well, were not safe with their driving. Then for the first time ever, they made a mistake with my order ;0(
Great day slowly fading away but I pressed on.
Found my way home and we painted the living room.
Then headed to a 40th bday party for our trustee chair. Nice pics Travis!
And then home with Jill watching the DIY network. Overall today was a good day, despite minor hiccups at lunch and with people in a hurry.
One of the songs we sing at Grace is "There Is Joy In the Lord". As I drove around today that song was in my head for awhile. No matter what happens, rude people, mean people, flat tire, there are so many minor things that send us into a major tailspin. So remember, there is Joy in the Lord. Experience His presence every day, despite the small troubles.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: