Thursday, March 18, 2010

Plans, plans and more plans

Every day we start out with a list of things in our head. Well, most of us. Things to get done is how my head sometimes says it. I have a list of things I need to accomplish for the day. Tasks. So I make a plan. For many of this it is a natural part of the day, and we have become so accustomed to this, we don't even write the plan down, we just go. As we move through the day we become so focused on checking things off the lists, we forget to enjoy our day. The plan takes over our whole day and we exclude a few important things.
Enter the word discipleship.
Being a disciple partially means that we live a disciplined life.
We follow Christ. Our day should reflect the spiritual disciplines we are called to live out. What does your daily plan usually look like? Does it include time in prayer or reading your Bible?
Might I encourage us to include God in our daily plan. We are included in His plan and I pray that we have a desire to move closer to Him daily.
Reevaluate the plans you have for today, for tomorrow.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: