Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today is the Day

Today we begin a 40 day journey to Easter. We begin with the imposition of ashes this evening. At 7 pm our congregation with gather in worship. We will be together as the body of Christ. I have thoughtfully pondered what to give up and take on. Some day I hope that my life will be such that I will not need to fast at all, but that seems like a far way off. I hope that those who enjoyed Fat Tuesday will also partake of the Lenten journey, but my fear is that many will not. We like to party and claim holiness, but many of us struggle. Our public face is not the one we live in private. I've often heard it said, "you really don't know what goes on behind closed doors". I guess that is true. We all like to be a good judge of character, but you just never know. So, we try and set the best example we can for others. We share pieces and parts of our spiritual journey with others to help inspire and teach. Go to church this evening. Even if you have never been to church before, go. Tonight is a holy night. Try a Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, whatever Christian church you can find and go in. Hear the word. Listen. Ask. Seek. Knock.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: