Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Healing and Good Advice

There is a passage of scripture that every time I read it I pause and just think. It's in John 5. Jesus heals a guy by just telling him to get up and walk. Then a peculiar incident happens. Jesus finds him at the temple and says...
"See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." Yikes!
A man received a blessing and then receives a warning.
How many times have we been blessed by God and then go back to our normal lives?
I come upon this passage a least twice a year in my normal devotional reading and it always puzzles me. A blessing then a warning.
Our lives are to be changed by an encounter with God. There is a difference in us. We are transformed. If we just remain the same, was there really a change?
Go in peace and go with God.





No comments: