Friday, February 19, 2010

Being In the Moment

Today I met a really cool guy. His name is Art. He is in sales. I was out and about and our paths crossed. The usual discussion ensued- what do you do? Well, I'm a pastor. "Where do you pastor?
" Grace off of 50 hwy in Lee's Summit. "Oh, I think I have seen it before." Our discussion walked around a bit on the edges of religion and his business life. Talked about where he lived and how difficult it is to get around with all the construction in the area. After a time we both had to move on. For some reason today we spent a few holy moments together. Our conversation was not strained or difficult, it was open and honest. I am not always available to Gold's leading because I am too busy or just oblivious to what is going on around me. Today I was open. Today I listened. Today I had a great conversation with a guy named Art.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: