Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Complexity Abounds

The world is full of complexity and confusion. It seems that the more innovating that goes on in this world, the less and less things I fully understand. I don't think it's an intelligence thing, it's just I don't have time to understand it all. I'm sure you have heard it's not what you know it's who you know. Numerous people will wretch when they hear those words because sadly, in most cases of power and influence, it's true. Never more confusing are relationships. Why don't we all just get along? Ego? Power? Sin? I just don't know. As a Christian I am called to love God and love my neighbor. It does not sound that difficult, but look at the Christians in the world that do not show love to their neighbors. Maybe I just don't understand. It occurs to me that there might be complexity beyond my understanding, BUT... if the God of the universe, the God of the world could send His only son, one and only son to die for me because of love, because He desired relationship over satisfaction, then I could try a bit better to love my neighbor. In fact, I could choose to ignore my own selfish desires and show love to all that I encounter, even if we are cheering for different teams ;0)
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: