Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Worry

I recently read a survey that said 50% of married adults with kids lay awake at night and worry about finances/bills/money/mortgage, etc. Worrying cannot add a single hour to our lives and yet we worry. Why do you worry? What are you afraid of? Matthew 6 says, "33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
And yet we worry.
I once heard that worry is a sin. Yikes! I worry sometimes. There are over 300 passages in the Bible that essentially say "fear not". Don't be afraid. Don't let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God. Believe in Jesus Christ.
When I worry I take the focus off of God and I put it in front of me. It's as if I forget that God the creator of the Universe cares about me and loves me. I forget that Jesus Christ died for me. It's a sad day when we take our eyes away from God and focus on our own problems. Give it over to God and I guarantee that you will worry less and that your troubles will not look so big.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: