Monday, November 23, 2009

The Meal Matters

This week we will all celebrate Thanksgiving. Hopefully you will celebrate around a table with friends and family. For your meal, I'm sure the following might be involved.
Turkey
Stuffing or Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potatoes
Rolls
maybe a ham?
Lots of pie (pumpkin, pecan, apple)

Now, imagine one of these things missing. How would you feel if there was no turkey, no dressing...NO PIE! You would probably get over it, but as you think about spending time with family and friends, hear this passage of Scripture-
11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11-13
Learn to be content in every situation, whether well fed or not. The secret to happiness and joy in this life is learning to appreciate what God has given, and what God has not given. Rejoice in the Lord always, I say rejoice.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: