Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Coming Home

So every day when I arrive home I am greeted by our dog Rheau (roo). She is a loving ball of fur that once the door opens you can hear her tail wagging loudly. I let her outside for a bit and then she is back at the door. If I have only been gone for awhile she is excited to see me, but not that much and goes about playing with her toys and running around. If it's been a long day she comes and sits near me, puts her paws on me and if I am standing, she leans in. She will sit next to me and lean in to the point of either pushing me, she falls over or I start petting her. She wants love and acknowledgement. If you are not a dog owner it might be tough to understand. You can't imagine the joy there is when you arrive home and have something excited to see you EVERY DAY no matter what has happened. Just excited.
Excitement is a good thing. Not sure what you are excited about but excitement is contagious. When people are excited, joyful and happy, it's tough to not join in.
I often think about how excited God is when we turn back to him after an extended period of time.
Luke 15 says, 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Be passionate. Be excited. Be a person motivated by love.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: