Thursday, October 15, 2009

Your Blueprint for the Day

I have plans for the day. I have a list. The list is full of things I need to finish today. Today is not a terribly busy day, but I do have several significant things I need to cross off my list. Some of them are personal, some are work related and others, well, not sure how they were added to my schedule, but I get to take care of them. So many of my days are shaped my tasks. I need to finish this before I can finish that.....
Now I am not complaining. I love my job and I have a wonderful life. I feel really blessed. But as I look at some of my days I wonder if I have scheduled so many things in my blueprint for the day that God has a difficult time making it into the schedule. Most of what I do of course if focused on God and our relationship. Sometimes the busy day really pushes God out and my thoughts in. So, how about you? Does your blueprint for today include God? Or, do you too have a huge list of things to get done and God has no place?
Pause. Wait. Listen. Open your day with prayer and thanksgiving. Change it from your blueprint to God's blueprint for your day. Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: