Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Walking in the shoes of someone else

I am going to try to walk a mile in the shoes of someone else today. I am going to attempt to discover their life by hearing and understanding their story. When I find myself confused a bit in the faith it helps to try and walk in another's shoes because mine don't seem to fit too well. It helps us all develop a better sense of empathy and understanding. Not sure who I will choose (not a specific person) but more of an example. Maybe a monk, one of the disciples...how about someone famous (no thanks).
Is there someone right now you are frustrated with? Has someone upset you or hurt you? Well maybe it's time you slip out of your own self righteous shoes and walk a mile in the shoes of someone else and hopefully you might figure out that the road they are walking is a bit more difficult than yours.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: