Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Days

Why is it that so many days seem to get away from us? Really, we start out well and then the train is off the track and we are blazing a trail through some uncharted territory which had very little to do with our purpose for the day. All too often this happens to me. I feel that every day I have purpose. I get up. Feed the dog. Pray. Read my Bible. Get ready for work. Catch the morning news. At that point my day seems to be right on track. Then I leave the house.
I use lists sometimes to keep me on track. I don't like when the day gets away from me, or I guess, gets away from God's purpose for me that day.
I feel it's not good stewardship of my time. Distractions keep me from the larger tasks of ministry, and they also keep me from continued building of relationships.
I hope, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one who feels this way. I pray this day that all of you and me are able to stay on track and on task for God. That God's purpose for this day will be fulfilled.
Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: