Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Genuine or Sales Pitch?

Recently I heard about a company who has a little different philosophy on sales than most. They believe that they don't has salespeople, more of a marketing a team. And it's great to get the sale, but if you don't buy from us, it's ok, we are still friends and hey, if you are not happy with who you go with, call us. Low pressure sales. I'm not sure how much you like the high pressure sale, but I don't. I don't like being talked down to and I surely don't like when people assume to little of their customers. We had that happen with one of the companies we interviewed for the new sanctuary, but that is a whole other story. My question is, how do you know you are not being sold a hill of beans? Sometimes a sales pitch is just that, sales. So what people try and do is wrap the pitch in the language best suited for you. I think for me it's nice to hear a well though tout and honest sales pitch. And the way I determine whether it's genuine or not is talking to others who have heard the same sales pitch and ask were you happy with the outcome/product. Did it or they live up to their pitch? If I buy the sales pitch and the product and I turn out to be unhappy...then isn't it just my fault for not doing my do diligence by making sure the sales pitch is genuine. I like low pressure sales. For me and possibly my generation, it seems to be the way we receive information and are sold. Relationships are genuine if they are faithfully lived out with mutual respect and love. So, is it genuine or is it a sales pitch? Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: