Friday, April 24, 2009

Town Hall For Hope

Hopefully you watched Dave Ramsey's Town Hall For Hope last night. He did a great job of trying to explain the facts of our economy and alleviate people's fear. As I talk to folks in the church and in our community I hear fear expressed in several different ways. When it comes down to it, do you choose hope or fear? If you choose hope then you do not walk around worried, full of anxiety, nearly immobilized by a mind and heart full of worry. I love the passage in Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? The Bible has over 300 passages that say "fear not", "do not fear". Do you think God was trying to tell us something. If the Bible says something, it's pretty important. If it's repeated, it's probably VERY important. So then, I choose hope. I choose to live a life where I expect good things to happen, a life full of joy and happiness. Now that does not mean that situations don't bother me, or that I have no compassion. No, to choose hope means that I choose to live a life full of compassion, love, empathy and courage. My faith should be an example to every person I encounter. So today, I know that you might be thinking about money, family situations, relationships and other potential areas of struggle. Know that God loves you. Know that you have a loving church full of people you can lean on during tough times. Go in peace and go with God and choose hope!

No comments: