Tuesday, March 17, 2009

With God All Things Are Possible

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26. Do you believe this statement? This was a response to an earlier statement Jesus had made in regard to eternal life. Who can be saved the disciples mused. I know God does miracles still today. I know that God loves me. I also know that God has a wonderful and exciting plan for my life and His church. So then why do many of us worry so much about issues the life of the church? Fear sometimes immobilizes our ability to pursue God's vision for the church. People are worried about the economy or the future. Some become so worried and scared they run from the church and make excuses about why they are running.
My faith in Jesus Christ tells me "do not fear", "I am with you", "fear not". And yet time and time again I hear the worries of other clergy. Some might say, "just have more faith". Glad to know that I can just heap a few extra scoops of faith and everything will be fine :0).
Much of our struggles really come down to our own personal view of a situation. And we want others to have the same view to validate our view which brings some level of legitimization to our feelings. God has a plan. A plan to build up, not to tear down. A plan filled with hope and a future. So today I ask you, stop worrying so much and start focusing on God. Jesus said numerous times, "your faith has made you well". Declare that you believe, I mean, really believe! Say this out loud- With God All Things Are Possible. Again, With God All Things Are Possible, one more time WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!! Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: