Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wichita Church Start Leaves United Methodist Church

So this past week we saw an elder in the United Methodist Church, most the staff and church leadership walk away from the congregation to start a new congregation outside of the United Methodist Church, but with a very similar name. You can find a news article here with the full story. I'm from that area and my sister lives very close to where Gracepoint was worshipping. She however continues to attend her church, even though young families that she knows were attending Gracepoint. I honestly don't know how to describe my feelings about this. I guess just sad. A growing, vibrant congregation has their leadership and pastors leave. I have never heard of anything like this in the United Methodist Church. What does that teach the people of the church? If you have a problem don't try and work it out, just leave? I'm sure and I pray that everyone had serious, prayerful conversations. I'm sure lots of people will interpret this however they want, but for me, it's just sad. I pray for both congregations and hope that God will magnificently bless both of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.