Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Story

Several men gathered together to eat lunch as they always did on Mondays. They spoke of sports, work, their kids, hobbies and vacations. Eventually, they did get around to the topic of religion. The eldest man in the group asked, "So men, what do you prescribe to?"
The first man said, "My grandparents were Baptist, my parents were Baptists and I am a Baptists."
Another gentlemen said, "Well we go to the Methodist Church."
Still another said, "Well, as for me and my house, we follow the Lord. So we are Catholic."
Now after that comment the other guys who had not answered started to ponder their responses with great care.
The next man said, "Well fellas, I am a Christian."
A calm slowly fell and a strange intensity enveloped them.
"Ah my friends" another said, "Well, my family and I love God and love our neighbors. We have placed our trust firmly in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
Another said, "Well I am a Christ follower."
And another, "I found my purpose in Christ."
The last man to speak was the one who posed the question. He said, "I believe in the one true God. His Son saved me and now I share His story and my story with anyone who will listen."

No comments: