Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break

It's Spring Break in Lee's Summit. The schools are out and children can be seen riding bikes, walking and generally just hanging out. I have not officially had a spring break from school since 2000. I spent many a spring break in elementary or Jr. High doing nothing productive. In High school and college I worked, except for the three times that I actually went on a trip to visit friends. During graduate school I rested because I was working part-time and going to school full-time. When asked by a colleague what I would do back then with a day off my only response was "sleep". Many of us run the tank dry and then go some more. Everyone is busy, running with no end in sight. So I challenge the people of Grace to actually take a spring break. No, don't think I am encouraging you to take off for partying at south Padre Island. No, take a break from your busy schedule and rest. Spend the day with your kids, or go to a movie and turn your cell phone off, turn the tv off and just unplug from your busy day. If you have some vacation saved up take a break. You deserve a break today! God many years ago established a day of Sabbath. I know very few people who observe a day of rest. So your pastor is asking you to take a day off and rest. Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: