Friday, March 20, 2009

Silence

Yesterday I heard it again. I had lost it for awhile, but as with all things, I found it again. It sure took a long time for it to return. I guess I have been busy lately. I forget why I lost it, but it came back. Yesterday I found the silence again. God extends His gracious arms to us every day but for some reason we don't always listen. We are distracted by the massive amount of information that is thrown at us. I was outside when I found the silence again. It was peaceful, it was quiet, and it was good. I needed it. In the silence there is no worry, fear or talking. It's a time of listening. If you are able to find the silence and embrace it, you will find what you are searching for. A passage in Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." If you notice for all of these actions, ask/seek/knock, there is an indeterminate amount of time that it takes to achieve these things. They are not instantaneous, no, someone has to respond, it takes time to find things and the door has to be opened. We often speak of God working for our good in all things and I know that is true. But sometimes we are not working for His good and when life seems out of control we lose ourselves. The silence is a place to find our direction again. Let go of your fear and worry. Why would we rather carry those two curmudgens with us? Make a new friend today, the silence. She is much more friendly and forgiving of our mistakes. Stand in silence and find your connection to God again. Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: