Thursday, February 12, 2009

Your Journey



Who helps you out when you are struggling? All of us need friends to help us through the tough times of life. We all need friends. No matter whether like is up or down, friends are great to have in our lives. Friends will tell us the truth when we get ahead of ourselves. They will also listen to our nonsensical rants. Most importantly though, our friends check in with us to see how things are going. It does not have to be a daily thing, but they in general, know how we are doing adn what we are doing. If you don't hear from someone for more than a few months, that is an acquantince. There is a great song we sing every now and then in our traditional service. It's called, "What a friend we have in Jesus". Do you check in every day with Christ? Through prayer and Bible reading every day I feel I am connected to God. I have a sense of purpose and knowing that I am moving in the right direction. I value my friends. I value my spouse. I value my relationship with God. I value the time I spend with Him every day. What do you value? Over the next few weeks, be attentive and try and observe your day. Where is your time spent? Work, work, work? Or, are you attempting to be attentive to the relationships that matter. Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: