Friday, February 27, 2009

Led by the Spirit

The other day a person I had not thought of in a long while came to mind. I felt a concern for them. I did not know why I was feeling this way, but I knew some action was needed. I inquired about the person to discover a great struggle in their life. Yes, indeed, they were in need of help, prayer and conversation. This happens more times than I care to admit. A few times the feeling or thought is lost due to the busy day. But on a somewhat regular basis, I have learned to listen to the Spirit. It's a prompting. When our hearts are open and willing to listen, God speaks to us in quiet moments of the day. Only once was the prompting not received well by the person I contacted, but that is another story.
Are you listening? It is not random. God is constantly working for the good of those who love Him. If you need to talk, give someone a call. If you feel that someone needs prayers, pray for them. It never hurts to check in on someone that God has placed on your heart. Remember, there are people who right now feel alone. They feel that the world is against them and they have no where to turn. Check in on those whom call you a friend. Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: