Thursday, January 22, 2009

Prayer

Every day I pray. It's really simple. My prayers in the morning begin with the Lord's prayer right after I have read my chapter of the Bible that day. As I move through the prayer I emphasize different parts of it every day. Some days the words emphasized are "hallowed", others "daily bread", other days it's of course, "thy will be done". After I start with Lord's prayer, I pray for the day, people I have on my heart that I know are going through a tough day. Prayers for family and friends, for the church and other events upcoming. Through the day my prayers are short and to the point (that should be no shock). Often, my prayers occur while driving. As I end my day I read another chapter from the Bible and then to the Lord's Prayer again. The evening prayers for for my wife, family, extended family, then our Bishop and Cabinet. Then friends who serve the church, then specific families in the church who are in need of words to God and then the state, country and world. All in all, my day begins with prayer and reading the Bible and ends in a similar fashion. I've been doing this now for more years that I can remember. There is some variation to the discipline, but for the most part, it remains enriching and and wonderful way to start and end the day. Please, if you are a follower of Christ, spend some time in prayer. Spend some time in God's word. It will for sure help you through your day and draw you closer to Christ. Go in peace and go with God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.