Thursday, December 18, 2008

Celebrate the Season!

This should be a time of celebration! We are only 10 days from Christmas, that is if you count today. Ten glorious days of enjoying a snow covered landscape, buying those last few wonderful gifts for the special people in your life. I will just say it. I am a Christmas junkie! I love Christmas. It is the best time of the year...have a holly jolly Christmas..etc. If I could sing, and trust me, no one wants to hear that, I would sing every Christmas song loudly (I do in the truck). This is time to celebrate the birth of our Saviour. Millions, probably billions of people gather together in worship services on Christmas Eve to celebrate His birth. Of course, this season of hope, faith, joy and peace can be missed. Oh yes, it can. Some of us might be suffering from spiritual and celebration congestion. Buck Cueni-Smith has some good words on spiritual congestion over at www.lakepastor.com .
It's easy I believe for some to take their eyes away from Christmas and focus on the long, long journey to peace. We hustle, we bustle, it's a never ending race to get there first, get it in the cart and then swipe a card to pay for it. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but is that what God really intended for us to be doing as we prepare to celebrate the birth of His Son. My prayers this day will be for those who are struggling to prepare for Christmas. I pray that your days will be filled with peace and joy, and that as you hurry around you can take some time to see the glory of God's creation. Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: