Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Blustery Day

Do you remember the old Winnie the Pooh cartoon "The Blustery Day?" Our nieces were over a few weeks ago and they were watching it. I remember watching it when I was much much younger. It's about a very windy day in the hundred acre woods. The wind was blowing everyone all over the place. The wind just kept coming and coming. It is a very windy day today here in Lee's Summit. A piece of siding blew off the building today. It happens during these times of high winds. If things are not secured and prepared to deal with the winds of life, they can fall apart and be blown down. Has a strong storm come upon you lately? Feel a little wind blown and tired? You are probably not alone. I know folks who have recently lost their jobs, others who are struggling to stretch their paychecks and some dealing with stress in relationships. When those winds come we need to hold onto something that is secure. We sometimes need to hold onto someone else who can help us through the most difficult of storms. When I can feel the wind coming, and I know it's going to be a tough day, I go to God in prayer. My first call for help goes to God. He sustains me, leads me and helps me through the great storms that I face. Hold on to God during your rough patches and He will always be there to help you find your way home.

No comments: