Saturday, October 11, 2008

News

I enjoy reading the newspaper. I also enjoy reading magazines, fiction books, non-fiction books and lots of other stuff. I start my day and end my day reading my Bible. I pick and choose what I want to read. Many times as I read the newspaper I skip over some of the gruesome and terrible news. I see plenty of the shootings and violence on the evening news. I often wonder if I was in charge of editing or producing the news what would be the focus? Is the most terrible and violent acts the most newsworthy story? Or are the people who have defrauded people for millions of dollars important? How about the fact that many of our food pantries are nearly out of food because of high demand right now? There is so much news out there it has become much more difficult to filter through the massive amount of information flying at us that many important stories are lost. Lee's Summit Social Services is running low on some very important items. They are in need of canned goods and paper products. Their rent/utilities funds are running low too. Take a few moments this day and consider how you might make a difference in the life of someone who is in great need. Drop some items by the church this weekend and we will make sure LSSS receives it. Oh yeah, please remember to share the good news of what God is doing in this world. Let people know someone cares and loves them. Go in peace and go with God.

No comments: