Monday, September 29, 2008

When I Grow Up

What did you want to be when you grew up? I'm sure you had some idea between the ages of 2 and 6. At our preschool graduation every year we ask them what they want to be when they grow up. Many of them say "I want to be a princess" or "I want to be spiderman". Many of them say they want to be a policeman, fireman, race car driver and many other noble and exciting professions. The ones that really touch my heart say "I want to be like my mom" or "I want to be like my dad". As I grew up I had lots of ideas of what I wanted to be when I grew up. They ranged from Superman, Astronaut, Fighterpilot, NFL receiver and then when I was in college it changed to sales/business/meteorologist. Then a few years later I received a call to ministry. Not ever having considered it, I was a little surprised. Why would God call me? What would my future hold? When we are younger we have amazing dreams about what we can do and what we might be doing in our future. At some point and time we make a choice. We choose a path to walk on which will lead us down a specific road. When I was in high school I wish someone would have asked me "What does God want you to be" as opposed to "what do you (I) want to be". What does God want you to do with your life? Did you end up where you thought you would? Allow God to work in your life and submit your heart, soul and mind to discover the wonder of God's purpose in your life.

No comments: